TOFU, PINEAPPLE AND POMEGRANATE PIZZA. A JOY FOR YOUR LITTLE VEGAN SENSES
Oh pizza thank you for being such a constant in my life you fill my Friday nights with doughy cheesy happiness. I’ve given up saying “new favourite pizza alert” but if I hadn’t given up saying it then I would be uttering those words tonight. A coconut tofu, pineapple, pomegranate cheese wonder… Mmmm
Same cheats dough as every week except I used wholemeal over self raising this week for a change and a little shake of coconut sugar. Just as nice but a more bready base.
- 190g wholemeal flour
- 3.5g yeast
- Pinch of salt
- Splash of olive oil
- 110ml water
- Mix dry then wet ingredients
- Combine, kneed, roll out and into the oven at 180c for 20 min.
- I chopped up some tofu and added them to a pan with half a tin of coconut milk, salt, pep, garlic, coriander and mint leaves .
- Bring to boil, reduce and leave to simmer while the base is cooking.
- Remove base from oven and spread with pesto (the pecan and basil one I made for the salad the other day)
- Top with oodles of grated Art of Zen Foods mozzarella grated
- A scattering of chopped pineapple and pomegranate
- Sliced scallions and the scrumptious coconut tofu
- Back into the oven under the grill until bubbling and golden brown.
- Finish with a handful of coriander and of course after I took the photos I lashed on my favourite sriracha for a spicy kick.