Salads don’t have to be boring! My superfood salad is full of flavour and fills me until dinner. It would be a great one to bring to a party as a healthy option – everyone will love the contrast of colours and textures! The dressing brings everything together, each bite is so flavourful!
Superfood Salad Recipe
Serves 4 as a main
Time: 40 mins
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tins chickpeas
- 2 carrots
- 1 courgette
- 1/2 head of broccoli
- handful sugarsnap peas/mangetout
- 3 large handfuls of spinach
- juice of one lemon or small orange
- 1 heaped tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy
- 1 tsp each of paprika, chilli, cumin, tumeric
- sprinkle of goji berries and chia seeds (sub blueberries and any seeds)
- Rinse the chickpeas well and mix in a bowl with your spices. Place them on a roasting tray lined with parchment paper and cook for 30 minutes until crispy
- Rinse the quinoa and add it to a saucepan with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil then turn down the heat and simmer with the lid on for 15-20 mins until all the water has been absorbed.
- Grate the carrot and courgette. Chop the broccoli into bite size pieces (you can blanch it in hot water but I keep it raw which adds a nice crunch).
- Cool the quinoa and the chickpeas as soon as they are cooked by spreading them out on a tray too cool faster
- Make the dressing by mixing the lemon/orange juice, tahini and tamari/soy sauce until creamy and combined
- Add the quinoa, chickpeas, vegetables and dressing to a bowl and mix until evenly coated
- To serve, sprinkle with your superfoods (though all theses ingredients are superfoods!)