Get stuffed! With these yummy peppers
Stuffed peppers are in my top 3 lazy but delicious vegan dishes! No finesse required just pack in the filling and let the oven do all the hard the work.
For the filling:
Into a pan pop:
- 1 cup of chick peas
- 1 cup of kale
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 1 cup of soy chunks rehydrated in water and blitzed in food processor (this was my leftover/extra bowl from yesterday’s chilli)
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- Sprinkle of dried thyme
- Mushroom ketchup (optional)
- Olive oil
- Fry off for 5 min and then add 3/4 container of Art of Zen Foods Violife Creamy Original, ok I used the whole packet but 3/4 will do.
- Remove stem
- Slice off top
- Remove seeds and core
- You can par boil for a few min in water if you are under time restraints otherwise just fill with mixture and top with grated Violife cheddar cheese and a handful of panko crumbs.
- Cover with the little pepper hat and into the oven at 180c for 30 min.
- Remove and serve up.
It’s a mini dinner in itself and oh so delicious.