Spag bol with a veggie twist, simply delicios!
It’s a spag bol sort of night! Comfort food at it’s best.
I was thinking when I was eating this that if I was to invite everyone from the page for dinner (can you imagine how much fun that would be) this would be the foolproof dish I would go for. No bells and whistles just simple flavoursome yumminess.
Of course spaghetti is the carb it up option here but I decided to lighten it slightly and spiralized a courgette.
You can have this raw (how I ate it) or blanch in hot water for a softer texture.
The sauce does all the work in this dish:
- 1 punnet of mushrooms
- 1 onion
- Half a packet of tempeh
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Handful of mixed nuts
- Handful of sundried tomatoes
- Blitz everything together in a food processor until you have a crumb like consistency
- Heat a pan and add mixture
- Sautée for 10 min
- Add chopped tomatoes or 1 can of toms.
- Bring back to the boil reduce and leave to simmer
- Flavour with basil, oregano, salt, pepper, chilli flakes (optional)
- Generous grating of Violife Prosociano and you have yourself the moooost delicious veggie dish and all in under 15 min. That said it always tastes better the next day hence the large quantities. This would serve 4 large meals. That lunch sorted for tomorrow.
Hope everyone had a good day. That Tuesday after a bank holiday feeling is a toughy.