SAVORY VEGAN BREAKFAST BOWL
There’s nearly 30g of beautiful plant based protein in this bowl! It’s the perfect post work out breakfast (or any meal really) if savoury breakkies are your thing! If you want even more protein – add some veggie sausages.
Savoury Vegan Breakfast Bowl Recipe
- 150g firm tofu, water pressed out
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1/4 tin chickpeas/beans
- 1 carrot
- Serving of peppers, cabbage or whatever veggies you have in the house
- 1/2 a small onion
- 1 cup of kale
- 1 tomato, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp tumeric
- Tamari/soy sauce to taste
- Splash of soy milk/tbsp dairy free spread
- Scrub your sweet poatoes and prick with a fork.
- Microwave for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop your veggies and begin to simmer in a frying pan (apart from the kale) in some oil/spray/water – whatever you like to use. In a seperate pot scramble your tofu as you would eggs.
- Add tumeric and soy sauce for colour and flavour, some dairy free milk or butter to make it creamy and keep the heat on medium so it doesn’t burn.
- Add in your chickpeas and kale and soya sauce.
- Fry the tomato.
- Split open the sweet potato(es) and stuff with your filling.
- Serve in a big wide bowl with the scrambled tofu and fried tomato.
- Savoury vegan breakfast bowl