ROASTED VEGETABLE AND LENTIL SALAD
Sometimes you just crave a good salad. Yesterday I wanted a light but satisfying light meal, and this warm roasted vegetable and lentil salad hit the spot. I wasn’t wasn’t planning on sharing the recipe but I got a few requests on instagram (@ohhappyveggie) so here ya go! It’s perfect for both summer and winter – just change the vegetables to keep it seasonal. The ingredients and quantities are just a guide, you can definitely just use whatever you have to hand. Some sweet potato, red onion, beetroot or aubergine would be amazing in this also, as would serving with crusty bread and hummus.
Roasted Vegetable & Lentil Salad Recipe
Time: 35 minutes + two hours to marinade
- 1 can of lentils
- 1 large carrot
- 300g pumpkin (about 2 cups when chopped)
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 pepper/capsicum
- 1 courgette
- 3 large handfuls of leafy greens
- 1 large spring onion
- 2 artichoke hearts – I use ones from a jar
- 2 tbsp capers
- 4 sun dried tomatoes
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- Chili flakes
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- Sea salt, black pepper and dukka to taste
- Chop the vegetables (besides the artichokes, sun dried tomatoes and capers) into chunks about half the size of your thumb.
- Place them in a large mixing bowl with the lemon juice, balsamic, rosemary, salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Leave them to soak up the juices for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Roast the vegetables for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the lentils and mix with all the other ingredients together in the same bowl you used for the marinade.
- Serve the salad mix in a big dish and pour the roasted vegetables over.
- Add some more balsamic/lemon if it’s too dry and season with salt, pepper and dukka (my new obsession).