Roasted tomato and garlic soup with dairy free cheese toasties
I’ve been a very good student this week and have been dedicated to the transfer of my recipes to the big bad world of the blog. I had just finished up for the day and was craving a comforting bowl of tomato soup and toasties. Does it get any better!
Roasted tomato and garlic soup with a spicy kick and Violife cheese toasties on arbutus bread. Bliss.
For the soup:
- Into the oven I roasted 16 tomatoes and a bulb of garlic at 180 for 30 min.
- While that is roasting I fried of 1 onion in olive oil
- Into a pot pop the onion and a tin of coconut milk
- Bring to a boil reduce to a simmer and then add the roasted tomatoes and garlic
- The garlic is done when you can squeeze them out of their skins with ease. Yum!
- Flavour with herbs, chilli flakes, salt, pepper and coconut sugar to your liking!
- A little splash of balsamic is great here too and I finished it off with the optional extra of the new plant based Parmesan from Violife grated into the soup.
- Blitz in the blender
- Pour and sprinkle with more cheese, chilli and parsley.
I cut up some delicious bread from Arbutus breads here in Cork and layered on the Violife Creamy Original and Violife Cheddar Slices for toasting.
(Perfect for soup dunking but sshh I’m trying to be refined ha ha)
I also had a little olive marmalade on the side that I picked up at the weekend in the Olive factory in kinsale. I’ve never tasted anything like it! Such fantastic flavours and perfect for sandwiches. Will have to try a little Lou version soon.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!