Raw Vegan Bounty Cake
Coconut and chocolate are a perfect match, this cake will bring back childhood memories of the popular Bounty bars.
It is not just full of nutritional goodness it’s also vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and sugar-free.
Prep time: 3 hours
Total time: 3 hours
- 1 cup of hazelnuts
- 1 cup of pitted, coarsely chopped dates
- 300g desiccated coconut
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut nectar syrup
- 75g raw vegan chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Add the hazelnuts and chopped dates into a food processor and blend briefly, the nuts should remain slightly coarse.
- Fill the mixture into an 8-inch tin and press down firmly to form the base.
- Mix the desiccated coconut, coconut milk and coconut nectar syrup in the food processor until well combined.
- Layer the coconut mixture on top of the base and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Gently melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a bain marie and pour it carefully over the cake.
- Refrigerate for another 30 min.