Raspberry and White Chocolate Squares
These squares make a delicious dessert or treat and are actually good for you! The base is made of nuts and dates, with a delicious raspberry chia jam and a layer of homemade white chocolate. They’re refined-sugar free, and full of goodness!
The cashews contain loads of protein, healthy fat and iron. The dates are very nutritious and give a natural sweetness. Chia seeds are packed with Omega 3. Fresh raw raspberries make it full of vitamins. And the homemade white chocolate is just delicious! And it doesn’t have to be cooked so is very quick and convenient to prepare.
For the base:
- 2 cups cashews
- 2 cups pitted dates
- For the raspberry chia jam:
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
For the white chocolate:
- 1 cup melted cocoa butter
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 vanilla pod
- Line a square cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- Process the cashews and dates in a food processor.
- Press this mixture firmly into the cake tin as the first layer.
- Blend the raspberries, chia seeds and maple syrup in a food processor, it can be a chunky or smooth mixture depending on how you want it.
- Spread the jam in a layer on top of the base.
- Blend the cashews and maple syrup in a blender. Scrape out the inside of the vanilla pod into the blender. Add the melted cocoa butter and blend until smooth.
- Pour the cocoa mixture on top of the jam layer and spread it out carefully so it covers the jam.
- Place in the freezer until the chocolate hardens.
- Remove from the tin and slice into squares. Store in the fridge.