PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE PANCAKES
When you’re lacking breakfast ideas, turn Starbucks drinks into pancakes! My pumpkin spice latte pancakes are vegan and gluten free and a great way of getting some veg into you in a delicious way. It’s a weirdly wonderful flavour combo of coffee, pumpkin and spices – trust me! It tastes amazing drizzled with maple syrup. I’ll be making these again for brunch on halloween!
It turns out pumpkin is the perfect egg replacer. These pancakes are SO FLUFFY!
For the pumpkin I used canned pumpkin from Tesco but you can use equal amounts of your leftover pumpkin. It has to be cooked first though. To make your own pumpkin puree just remove the seeds and stringy bits and discard. Then scrape out as much of the hard pumpkin as possible and steam/boil until soft. Then blend/pureé it.
If you make these make sure you tag me in any instagram pictures you take as I love seeing people recreating my recipes! My name is @ohhappyveggie x
Pumpkin Spice Latte Pancakes Recipe
Time: 10 mins
- 1 cup/120g flour (I used wholemeal buckwheat but spelt or plain flour always work in my pancake recipes)
- 1 cup/240ml freshly made coffee
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tbsp sweetener (coconut sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup – whatever you have)
- 1/2 cup/115g pumpkin puree
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix coffee and pumpkin in a seperate bowl.
- Fold one into the other and combine thoroughly.
- Heat a pan and grease with oil or spray.
- Add a couple of tbsp of pancake mix and shape into a cirlce.
- Cook for 2 mins till bubbles appear and then carefully flip and repeat.
- Stack up and serve with maple syrup, nuts or fruit!
Pumpkin Slice Latte Pancakes | Irish vegetarian and vegan recipes.