This is barely even a recipe, more just an idea for a quick meal, and a great way to make a kid-size pizza! It’s also great fun for kids because they can choose their own toppings for their pizza, and if they choose their toppings, they’re more likely to eat them, I find. You can set up a make-your-own-pizza bar, with different ingredients chopped up in bowls, for example onions, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, pineapple, even things like broccoli, kale, chickpeas, anything really. It doesn’t have to be traditional pizza toppings.
You could use homemade sauce or try to find a store-bought pizza sauce with no added sugar or salt. I love Janet’s Just Delicious sauces, which are really healthy! And some grated vegan cheese if you like. We love Violife for pizza!
- A pack of 4 pitta breads
- 1 jar of pizza sauce (or homemade sauce)
- A selection of chopped veggies (e.g. onion, mushroom, tomatoes, peppers, olives, etc.)
- Grated vegan cheese
How to do it:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Top each pitta with a few tablespoons of pizza sauce and spread it out to the edges.
- Add your toppings and vegan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.