Open (cheats) lasagne vegan style
Happy happy vegan new year to you all! I like to tell myself that the first meal of the year sets the bar for the year ahead, and my good God this is a super start if I do say so myself. Wish I could have you all over to eat with me. I love the laziness of an “open lasagne” it looks and sounds fancy but takes half the time.
So here we have lasagne topped with rocket, marinated sun blushed tomatoes, artichokes and canellini beans a generous pour of the most delectable sun-dried toms, garlic, white wine and coconut cream sauce, sprinkle of grated Art of Zen Foods Prosociano, finished of with a little black olive tapenade. Eeek so good…. If I close my eyes I’m back in Rome.
- In a pot of salted boiling water pop two lasagne sheets. Egg free ones of course.
- Stir frequently so they don’t stick.
- Leave for 10 min or so until cooked through.
- Remove with thongs and place onto a board to dry off.
- Cris cross on a plate or however you wish to display and top with: Rocket, Canellini beans, sundried tomates and marinated artichokes.
For the sauce:
- Into a blender pour the contents of one tin of coconut milk (soy or oat cream work great here too),
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Handful of sundried tomates and blitz
- Pour into a pot and bring to boil, add a glug or two of white wine… mmmm and voila!
- Drizzle over your toppings and finish with a few teaspoons of vegan parmesan and black olive tapenade which I made by simply blitzing black olives, capers, 1 clove of garlic and olive oil in a food processor.
A cheats lasagne that is sure to impress.