Nut Croquettes, mixed leaf salad and a side of garlic tomato dipping sauce
Light Spring salad with cannellini, mushroom, nut croquettes and a garlic tomato dipping sauce. Oh my!
- Mixed leaves and wild garlic
- Drizzle of olive oil and squeeze of lime
- Pierce a handful of cherry tomatoes and pop in a pan with a glug of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- Splash of balsamic vinegar, red wine
- Shake of coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt and pep
- Fry off and then leave to simmer for 20 min.
- Into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning to your liking
- This is so delicious as a sauce or a soup.
For the croquettes:
In a pan sautée
- A punnet of chop mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- Dried thyme and parsley
- Splash of soy sauce
- Pop the mushroom mixture into a food processor with half a tin of cannellini beans, 1 cup of mixed nuts and blitz
- Grab a scoop or two of wholemeal flour and add to the mixture until it can be easily rolled into your desired shape.
- I rolled little balls and then coated them in a mixture of panko crumbs and nutrional yeast flakes
- Into the oven at 180c for 30 min
- You can deep fry these too if you’re feeling bold.
So tasty… Definitely one to put on your list.