Mango vanilla surprise with a coconut sugar lime drizzle
Magical afternoon spent outdoors breathing in the fab Winter air! A sweet and tea was the icing on the cake (literally). I’m easily pleased!
You will be eternally gratefully that I brought this simple and delicious recipe into your life. Just kidding but it is a really really handy one especially if you have leftover fruit. I’ve used up mangoes here but apples, kiwis, pears any thing you can purée really can be substituted in. This isn’t a sponge cake so don’t panic when it looks a little different.
It’s a very moist cake and quite rich too.
- 1 and 1/2 cups mango purée
- 1 and 1/2 cups of plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup of veg oil
- Pinch of salt
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Blitz mango pulp in a blender. I had enough in 2!
- Add to bowl along with oil and vanilla
- Combine all dry ingredients
and slowly whisk into wet mix.
- Pour into cake mould
- Into the oven at 180c for 35 to 45 min.
- Every oven is a little different so use your skewer to judge when it’s ready.
I made up a quick lime glaze:
- Half juice of lime
- Splash of water
- Tbls or so of coconut sugar
- Heat in a pan until the sugar dissolves.
- Hey presto!
Pour over the top of the cake
I finished with lime zest and served up with custard.
Had plans to make some custard but got lazy and used alpros carton-yum!