Healthy Blueberry Waffles
These waffles taste great and also make a really nutritious breakfast, snack or dessert. They’re really quick to make and have only five ingredients. They have loads of goodness from the oats, bananas and blueberries, and contain no added sugar or oil. I don’t even add any natural sweeteners to the batter. The bananas make them sweet enough for my kids even without any maple syrup on top, but I do like maple syrup on mine!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 cup of oats
- 1.5 cups of self-raising flour
- 2 bananas
- 2 cups of unsweetened soy milk (or other plant milk)
- 100g blueberries
- Maple syrup to serve
How it’s made:
- Grind the oats in a food processor or blender until they form a powder. Or alternatively you can leave them whole.
- Add the flour and oats to a large mixing bowl.
- Mash the bananas or blend up in a food processor.
- Add the bananas and soy milk to the bowl and whisk everything together.
- Add the blueberries to the bowl and mix in.
- Cook in a waffle maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve with maple syrup if you like. For kids you can serve them without the syrup if you want them to have less sugar.