Healthy Banana and Blueberry Breakfast Muffins
These muffins are really healthy so great for babies, toddlers or any age. With the bananas, blueberries and oats, they make a great breakfast or nutritious snack. They have no refined sugar, using a little maple syrup instead to sweeten them. You could leave out the maple syrup if you’re making them for babies, but I like a little sweetness and don’t mind giving them to my baby in moderation. My kids love them and so do I!
Ingredients (makes about 6 large muffins or 9 smaller muffins):
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup oats
- 2 bananas
- 2 cups unsweetened soy milk (or other plant milk)
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 100g blueberries
How it’s made:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Use a non-stick muffin tray or line the tray with silicone/non-stick muffin cases as they might stick to paper muffin cases.
- Add the oats and flour to a large bowl.
- Blend or mash the bananas until smooth.
- Add the blended bananas, soy milk and maple syrup to the bowl and mix with a spoon.
- If it’s a bit dry then add a splash of soy milk, or if it’s a bit wet add a little extra flour.
- Mix in the blueberries gently. Put the mixture into the muffin tin, filling up to the top of the muffin cases.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown on top (depending on size of your muffin tray, they could take longer or shorter for bigger or smaller muffins).