DAIKON, CABBAGE AND TOFU STUFFED BEAN CURD ROLLS
These are simply delectable and super quick to make. The larger roll was intentionally done! Man portion for Dave, ha ha. He just loves them.
What you’ll need:
- 1 sheet of dried bean curd
- Block of tofu
- Chinese cabbage
- Soy bean paste
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Rice mirin
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Coconut sugar
Rehydrate bean curd sheet:
- Take one sheet of curd and cut length ways into three separate pieces
- Place in hot water for 10-15 min until pliable and soft
- Heat a wok and add:
- Seasame oil
- Chopped garlic
- 2 tbls of soy bean paste
- Splash of soy sauce and rice mirin
- Shake of coconut sugar
- Half block of tofu mashed
- Handful of grated daikon
- Half a chinese cabbage finely chopped
- Cook through and set aside. What the filling lacks in visual appeal it makes up for many times over in its rich flavour.
- Remove bean curd lengths from the water
- Pat dry and lay out flat
- Add a scoop of cabbage tofu mix onto the end of each of the bean curd lengths.
- Tuck and roll. Simple!
- Into the oven at 200c until golden brown and delicious.
- I served them up with Sriracha as it’s my favourite.