Creamy Mushrooms Pasta Sauce
I made up this recipe because we wanted a quick filling meal and didn’t have a lot of ingredients in the house. It’s a really easy and quick recipe that can be made in the time that it takes to cook some pasta. It’s creamy, mushroomy and delicious. I use a Kallo mushroom stock cube in it. If you can’t get mushroom stock cubes you could use a vegetable stock cube, and/or add some liquid mushroom stock or the water from soaking dried mushrooms to the sauce and use a bit less soy milk. If you soak dried mushrooms then you could also add those to the sauce too!
- 500g dried pasta (gluten-free if required)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 200g mushrooms
- 500 ml unsweetened soy milk or other plant milk
- 1 mushroom stock cube (I use Kallo brand)
- 1 flat teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 heaped tablespoon plain flour (gluten-free if required)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pine nuts (optional)
How it’s made:
- Put the pasta on to cook, according to packet instructions.
- Slice the mushrooms.
- Fry the mushrooms in the olive oil on a medium heat for five minutes or so, stirring occasionally.
- Add the soy milk, crumbled stock cube and thyme.
- Add the flour and stir until mixed in.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and rinse. Stir through the sauce and heat through.
- Serve the pasta sprinkled with black pepper and pine nuts.