Coconut Oat Bread
This is a variation of the vegan oat yoghurt bread that I love so much, with a coconutty twist. I came up with the idea when I wanted to make the oat and yoghurt bread but Vegan Daddy had bought coconut yoghurt instead of plain soy yoghurt. I’m so glad that that happened otherwise I might never have discovered how delicious this bread is!
I like to make it slightly sweet with the addition of coconut sugar, and with a hint of vanilla. It’s really, really easy to make and makes a lovely and healthy treat. I like it on its own but it’d be nice spread with nut butter or blueberry jam.
If you don’t have coconut sugar or don’t want to add sweetener then you can simply leave it out, or can replace it with regular sugar, or other sweeteners like agave syrup or maple syrup.
- 1 500 ml tub of vegan coconut yoghurt
- Desiccated coconut/coconut flakes
- 1 heaped tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 level tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
How it’s made:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Pour the tub of coconut yoghurt into a mixing bowl.
- Rinse and dry the empty yoghurt tub. Fill the tub with oats twice and pour them into the mixing bowl with the yoghurt.
- Half-fill the tub with desiccated coconut and pour into the bowl.
- Add the coconut sugar, baking soda and vanilla extract.
- Mix it all up thoroughly with a spoon.
- Use a non-stick loaf tin or line a loaf tin. Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and press it down firmly.
- Bake in the oven on a lower shelf for 40 minutes.
- When done, leave to cool and remove from the loaf tin.