Chicago deep dish goes vegan!
Chicago style deep dish pizza. It speaks for itself.
I followed my usual weekly cheats dough recipe but added lots and lots of butter ? eeekkk… So bad but it was just so crumbly and yum.
For the dough:
- 190g self raising
- 3.5g yeast
- 110ml water
- Pinch of salt and sugar
- 2 tbls of butter
- Combine, kneed and pop in a bowl.
- Coat with olive oil
- Cover with cling film
- Leave to sit for an hour
- Remove from bowl
- Roll out again and spread a layer of soy butter across the surface
- Roll as you would sushi and tuck into a dough ball
- Into the fridge now for an hour
- Remove and roll out again
- Lay into a cake tin and get filling!
- 12 tomatoes (or 2 tins ish)
- 1 onion
- 4 large garlic cloves
- Scoop of soy butter
- Shake of coconut sugar
- Chilli flakes
- Pour of tinned coconut milk
- Splash of balsamic
- Chop and sautée tomatoes, garlic and onion
- Add remaining ingredients
- Bring to the boil reduce and leave to simmer for an hour
- Blitz in blender until smooth and yummy.
- Adjust seasoning to you liking
How to assemble:
- Bottom layer: tomato sauce
- Topped with 2 packets of grated Violife cheese (Pizza and Mozzarella)
- Top layer: tomato sauce
- Finish with a grating of Violife Prosociano.
- Into the oven at 200c for 25 min.
- Remove from oven
- Squeal with delight
- Jump up and down
- Unclip cake mould
- Slice, serve and nom nom nom
The nicest pizza I have made to date. Even if I do say so every week. Yes it’s slightly more time consuming and calorific but worth every extra second and calorie. Joy!