Cauliflower, kale and coconut rice with marinated tofu and pineapple pieces
Everyone needs this dish in their lives. No seriously… Its sooo good. Cauliflower, kale and coconut rice topped with tofu and pineapple marinated in brown rice syrup, soy sauce and Rebel Chillis green chilli, lemongrass and ginger.
For the rice:
- Slice off florets from one head of cauliflower and place in a food processor.
- Blitz to a fine crumb. Pop into a bowl and set aside
- Repeat the same with 3 to 4 scallions, 1 red chilli, a large handful of kale that has been removed from the stalk, 2 cloves of garlic and a grated knuckle of ginger.
- Heat a pan with coconut oil and add contents to the pan.
- Cook through, stirring at intervals for approx 10 min.
- At this point add in a generous shake of desiccated coconut and continue to heat through for another 5-10 min.
- Season with a little salt and pepper and a squeeze of lime. I drizzled a little brown rice syrup also but its optional.
- I’ve had this rice mix raw many times as a lighter summery dish but with the chilly evenings a hot combo was calling
For the tofu:
- Cube a block of tofu, and half a pineapple and popped them into a tray.
- I marinated them both with oodles of brown rice syrup, Rebel chilli’s amazing green chilli, lemongrass and ginger sauce and a splash of soy sauce. If you can’t get your hands on Rebels mix another green chilli alternative can be substituted here.
- I set this mix aside for about an hour (the longer the better but I was flippin’ starving ha ha)
- Pop into a pan at medium heat and sautee until the tofu browns and the mix is gooey and delicious.
Serve up with the rice topped with the tofu and pineapple with a further sprinkle of chopped scallions, red chilli, coconut and a handful of coriander. I’m drooling while typing this up. I think I may have to make it again. As with all recipes don’t be afraid to shake up the ingredients/quantities etc., recipes are there to inspire not to be stuck to rigidly.