Caramelised Red Onion Bites
These little savoury treats can be prepared ahead, making them the perfect party finger food to impress your friends. And they’re gluten free!
What you’ll need: serves 6 (2 bites each)
- One tray of Chestnut Mushrooms
- Caramelised Red Onion Marmalade
- Tomato and Basil Sauce
- Some oil
- Some vegan cheese
- Baby basil leaves for garnish
If you’ll be cooking straight away then preheat your oven to 180°C.
1. Clean the mushrooms and remove the centre stem. Finely chop the stems and fry in a little oil. Put aside for later.
2. Oil a large baking tray and place the mushrooms onto it, giving them plenty of space. Cook for 5mins.
3. Remove from the oven, pour out any juice that may remain and start building by adding a little of the tomato basil sauce.
4. Next, add some cheese, just like layering a pizza. Then you can add some of the fried stems and finish with some sticky caramelised red onion jam.
5. Return to the oven and cook for a further 5mins or until the cheese has melted.
6. Place on a serving plate and garnish with some baby basil leaves.
If you try this dish at home please take a photo of it and tag @thetinyvegankitchen on Instagram, or @thetinyVK on Twitter – I’d love to see them! xTx
Share and enjoy!
Tanya O’Halloran – The Tiny Vegan Kitchen