Festive sides: Boozy breaded Brussels Sprouts
So Brussel Sprouts are always a contentious one! A serious split camp with these little fellas but I flippin love them so I’m being selfish. I would happily eat them raw but for this recipe I’m trying to gain a few on the fence sprouters, so I breaded and fried, to make a disguise (love a rhyme). Not the most aesthetically appealing dish but the flavours ahhhh.
- Tail about 10 sprouts and slice in two.
- Into a buttered pan, sautée for 5 min and then add a squeeze of lemon, generous splash of white wine, salt and pepper.
- Let them do their thing until golden brown.
- Soooo good as is I had to stop myself from eating all of them at this point.
- Set aside to cool for a few min
- Set up a panko flake/egg replacer combo area and get breading
- Into the deep frier for 5 min
- Skewer up and get dipping
I’m all about short cuts for Christmas eats so I called on my three yummy pals.
Follow Your Heart Veganaise mayo, Rebel Chilli relish and Eat vegans vegan pesto
- Pesto as is!
- Large spoon of mayo
- Large spoon of chilli
- Squeeze of lemon and rice syrup
- Holy moly just the best.
I see this as one of my many lazy St. Stephens day nibbles. Just the yummiest side going.