Berry Nice-Cream with Coconut Sprinkles
Nice-cream is basically blended up frozen fruit and it tastes like really delicious ice-cream. It’s a great way to get more raw fruit into your diet and kids love it. It makes a great quick dessert if you have a bag of frozen fruit in the freezer. It also makes a great breakfast. Yes, you can be vegan and eat ice-cream for breakfast and it’s healthy! Or it can be a healthy snack for any time of the day.
You can make any flavour you like, this one has bananas, strawberries and blueberries. The bananas make it creamy but overall it has a berry flavour. It’s slightly bitter because of the berries but I like that. You can drizzle on a little agave syrup, date syrup or maple syrup if you want to sweeten it. My 3 year old loves this so much he ate two bowls of it this morning! He doesn’t even need anything to sweeten it to convince him to eat it, it’s so yummy.
- 4 bananas
- 250g strawberries
- 100g blueberries
- Desiccated coconut (coconut flakes)
How it’s made:
- Chop and freeze the bananas, strawberries and blueberries in a freezer bag or container overnight or for several hours.
- Blend them up in a food processor or a sorbet maker. (I use a sorbet maker that I got in Lidl, which is great.)
- Put it a bowl, top with desiccated coconut sprinkles and anything else you want and eat straight away. It will have the texture of soft serve ice-cream.
- If you want to make harder ice-cream that you can scoop, then after blending, put the ice-cream in a container and put in the freezer for a while until it’s more frozen but not too hard. Remove from the freezer and scoop.