Beet, kohlrabi, grapefruit and pomegranate salad with a basil and pecan pesto.
Oh sunny salads how I love you! This delicious combo is just bursting with flavour and as fresh as fresh can be.
- 1 cooked beetroot sliced thinly with a mandolin.
- 1 kohl rabi peeled and put through the spiralizer. If you’re to invest in one new kitchen gadget let it be this. I use it religiously.
- 1 grapefruit peeled and chopped
- 1/2 a pomegranate deseeded
- Arrange everthing on your plate along with some leafy greens. I had mint, rocket and spinach.
- Amazing flavours all by themselves but a pesto really kicks it off.
2 min pesto:
- Handful of basil leaves
- Handful of pecan nuts
- Clove or so of garlic
- And a generous pour of olive oil
- Blitz for 2 min.
Serve up over the salad along with lots of fresh bread in the sunshine. Eat and smile.