Avocado Ice Cream
This avocado ice cream is the perfect treat for every avocado lover, its rich and creamy texture makes it a fabulous vegan dessert.
Unfortunately, it took me many years to discover the deliciousness of avocados, growing up in Germany they have simply never been part of our meal plan. Nowadays, hardly a day passes without me indulging in some sort of fabulous avocado dish.
Avocados are incredibly nutritious
They are loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids and lots of vitamins, their potassium level is even higher than the one found in bananas.
Vitamin K: 26% of the RDA.
Folate: 20% of the RDA.
Vitamin C: 17% of the RDA.
Potassium: 14% of the RDA.
Vitamin B5: 14% of the RDA.
Vitamin B6: 13% of the RDA.
Vitamin E: 10% of the RDA.
Monounsaturated fatty acids help you to take in the vitamins provided by other vegetables when consumed together.
The coconut flavour really compliments the richness of the avocado and adds some tropical lightness to it.
One fact I particularly like about this recipe is that you don’t even need an ice cream machine to make it.
Mix it, freeze it, it’s that simple.
Avocado Ice Cream
Prep time: 4 hours 10 mins
Total time: 4 hours 10 mins
Serves: 4 servings
- 1½ avocados
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 can (14 oz / 400ml) full-fat coconut milk
- ⅓ cup / 100g Organic Rice Syrup
- Put the coconut milk into the fridge overnight to let the cream solidify.
- Quarter the avocado, this way you can simply peel off the skin.
- Add the flesh f the avocado and the lemon juice into a blender and mix until perfectly creamy.
- Open the can of coconut milk upside down so that you can spoon out the hard cream on top. Keep the coconut water for another dish.
- Whip the coconut cream with an electric mixer until it turns into a nice whipped cream texture.
- Blend in the brown rice syrup and avocado mixture.
- Fill the delicious goodness into a freezer safe dish and freeze for at least 4 hours.