Apricot and fig mince pies
It doesn’t get much more festive than mince pies! These are my favourite! Scrumptious but definitely a departure from the traditional.
For the mince:
- Blitz the following in a food processor:
- Dried figs, cranberries and apricots along with mixed spice, pumpkin seeds and a generous pour of rum.
- I cheated with the pastry and used jus’rol.
- Roll out and use a cookie cutter/ glass to cut out your bases.
- Place each round into your mould and top with mixture I finished mine off with mini hearts but obviously not essential.
- Into the oven at 200c for 15 to 20 min.
- I drizzled them with agave when they were still hot along with flaked almond and amazing boozy almond and coconut cream.
For the cream:
- I scooped the thick cream from the top of a can of coconut cream and blended it with almond extract, agave and rum. Holy moly! Sublime!
Now excuse me while I slathered my third pie in yummy creaminess.