Apple and Blackberry Breakfast Muffins
Another breakfast muffin recipe, this time with apple, cinnamon and blackberries. These muffins are moist, subtly sweet, and a bit tart from the berries. They remind me of apple and blackberry crumble and would be lovely to make in the autumn (and cheaper if you have can forage some apples and blackberries). They’re quite healthy, oil-free, refined sugar-free and full of oats and fruit, so make a nutritious breakfast or healthy snack for kids. They’re also nice warm with some vegan custard or cream!
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- 1 cup of oats
- A dash of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. agave syrup
- 1.5 cups of unsweetened soy milk (or other plant milk)
- 2 grated eating apples
- 125 blackberries
How it’s made:
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Use a non-stick cake tin (lightly oiled if you want) or silicone muffin cases.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oats, agave syrup, cinnamon and milk with a spoon.
- Gently stir in the grated apple and blackberries.
- Fill the muffin cases up to the top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes in the oven until golden brown on top.