A heart of colcannon, feeling the love.
A mixed plate if ever there was one, but I always listen to my cravings, and dish up accordingly.
A heart of colcannon
Fennel with lemon and Parmesan
Baked tofu in tomato sauce
Pea, garlic and mint purée.
For the fennel:
- Slice in half
- Place in oven dish
- Drizzle with salt, pep, olive oil, lemon and grated Violife Prosociano
- Into the oven at 180c for 25 min
- Finish off with another grating of cheese.
For the pea purée:
- Into a blender place
- Cooked peas
- Handful of mint leaves
- A glug of tinned coconut milk
- Garlic powder, salt and pep to flavour
- Blitz to desired consistency
For the tofu:
- Sliced tofu marinated in tomato sauce
- I used up the leftover tom sauce from my pizza the other day
- Into the oven with the fennel for approx 35-40 min.
For the potatoes:
- Peel, chop, boil and drain pots
- Mash and add:
- 1/2 tin of coconut milk
- Scoop of dairy free butter
- Chopped and cooked scallions or leeks and kale or cabbage.
- I opted for scallions and kale today.
Yum yum a million times yum.
Potatoes are my box of chocolates I can never get enough of them.