5 Ingredient Vegan Nutella
Prep/Cooking time: 15 minutes
You will need:
- 1 cup of hazelnut (like a tea-cup not a mug)
- 3.5 tbsp cocoa powder (raw cacao powder could be used here I’m sure…)
- 4 tbsp date syrup (or maple syrup if that’s what you have)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of sea salt
- Some water
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius or 350 Fahrenheit
- Roast nuts in the oven for about 8-10 minutes until they start to darken and become fragrant. Try not to burn them! Allow them to cool.
- Using a tea-towel, roll the nuts in the towel so the skins fall off.
- Put the nuts in the blender or food processor and blend until they are ground down.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and blend until it gets to the desired consistency.
- You will probably need to add in water if it’s too dry. Just add in a tbsp at a time in through the hole at the top of the blender. You will be able to see the consistency changing and judge how wet you want it. I only added in a bit of water and my end result was quite thick.