The most versatile little spinach nut ball you ever did taste
These are in my top three vegan meatballs variations for a few reasons.. They are delicious, healthy, can be eaten raw by excluding the breadcrumbs and tossed in a salad, fried off and eaten by themselves with a rich tomato sauce, matched with cous cous and mango chutney or better still spaghetti and pesto (now I have your week of dinners set out ha ha) but for tonight I decided on a subway inspired roll of happiness.
I made the meatball mix in two batches by blitzing them in a food processor:
- 5 plus slices of bread
- 1/2 a container of Art of Zen Foods Violife Creamy Original
- Garlic clove
- 2 generous handfuls of spinach
- 1 punnet of button mushrooms
- Handful of mixed seeds/nuts
- Splash of oil
- Chilli flakes
- Onion powder
- Combine the two batches
- Roll into individual balls
- Pop in the oven at 180c for 20 min.
- I served it up in a lovely soft bread roll lined with Art of Zen Foods Violife Pepper slices, mixed leaves, tomato sauce,topped with the meatballs, a little more tomato sauce, pesto and nuts and seeds.
Sweet heavens above.. Divine!
Be sure to put these on your list this week and feel free to play around with quantities and herbs.
Every time I make them they are a little different.
Almost forgot! The tomato sauce is a simply go to recipe:
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- Sprinkle of coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt/pep
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Splash of balsamic
- Bring to the boil reduce and let simmer for 30 min.
Finish off under the grill for a few min too for extra yumminess