Vegan pancakes filled with creamy garlic mushrooms and leeks
Pancakes bring me such joy! It was a toss up (pun intended) whether I would start savoury or sweet but it was difficult to resist my favourite… Creamy garlic mushrooms and leeks.
I love pancakes and eat them all year round so have at least 10 different batter recipes I’ve played around with depending on the filling of choice. This batter is ideal for light and savoury and takes 30 seconds to whizz up.
Into a blender pop:
- 1 cup of cream flour
- 1 cup of almond milk
- Sprinkle of garlic powder
- 2 scoops of coconut oil
- Pinch of salt and pep.
- Blitz for 30 seconds.
- Heat a non stick pan and coat lightly with coconut oil wipe off excess if necessary.
- My pancake of choice would almost always be thin and crispy but play around with what suits you best.
- Remove pan from heat as you gently pour 1/2 cup of batter into the pan and spread out evenly.
- Return to heat for 3 to 4 min until air bubbles begin to appear.
- I usually shake gently at intervals to make sure the pancake isnt sticking
- Flip! If you’re brave or use plate, cover and flip if not ha ha.
- Repeat process until golden and delicious.
- Remove and set aside
For the filling:
I fried off chopped leeks and mushrooms in a pan along with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Add a generous scoop of Art of Zen Foods Violife Creamy Original once cooked through and finally a little pour of alpro dairy free cream.
Ooooh my goodness! This pancake would convert the most carnivorous of folk out there.