TURNIP TASTIC SOUP
Super simple messy soup was just the ticket this evening. It was so bbbrrr but beautiful out today.
- 1 turnip peeling and chopped
- 3 potatoes peeling and chopped
- 1 leek finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- Veg stock
- Chilli flakes
- Cook turnip and potatoes in water and veg stock
- Sautée garlic and leek in a pan
- Add leek and garlic into the pot of cooked turnip, potatoes and veg stock/water
- Blitz with hand blender or transfer to blender
- Add 1 tin of coconut milk (optional) almond milk or soy cream are great here too or none of the above if you are on a calorie counting New Years start.
- Oodles of parsley, thyme, salt and pepper and a shake of chilli flakes
- I also added a spoon of my favourite whole grain and cognac mustard and sprinkling of sunflower seeds.
- Quantities should make 5-6 bowls of soup.
I divided the remaining soup into individual freezer bags with one serving per bag.
They should hold for a month or so in the freezer. Handy for those lazy lunch days.