SUPER GREEN PANCAKES TOPPED WITH POMEGRANATE, BEETS, ASPARAGUS AND A BROCCOLI/AVOCADO PUREE.
What this dish lacks in finesse it makes up for tenfold in flavour. I came back from a lovely morning run in the sun absolutely ravenous…. Beans on toast were looking like the fall-out option but I pushed on through and managed to whip up some super green pancakes and juice.
For the batter:
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup flour
- Pinch of garlic and onion powder
- Shake of salt
- Spoon of coconut oil
- Scoop of green powders (I have a large jar of all combined: spirulina, wheatgrass, barleygrass, chlorella, pea protein
- Greens are optional but a nice addition to a post run nibble
- Ladle into a heated pan on medium heat and let it do it’s thing, flip and serve up
- I had half a cooked broccoli sitting idle in the fridge so I blitzed it in the food processor with the flesh of 1 avocado, 1 clove of garlic, salt/pep
- lemon juice and olive oil. Yummm….
- Brazil nuts
- Pomegranate seeds
- Liberal sprinkle of Sea of Vitalitys delicious milled dillisk
- Pickled beetroot
- Asparagus spears sauteed in lemon and garlic
Absolutely worth guilting myself into passing up on the beans and toast. All powered up and set for the day