Sundried tomato and tofu curry(ish) one pot wonder with garlic and almond wild rice. Yum!
If you’re feeling lazy and have sweet chilli sauce and a tin of coconut milk there is always a scrumptious cheats dish just minutes away.
I sautéed half a chopped red onion and packet of tofu cubed with 2 cloves of crushed garlic and a knuckle of grated ginger in a pan.
Once the onions have caramelised and the tofu has browned slightly I transferred them to a pot and added:
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- Generous glug of sweet chilli sauce
- Oodles of spinach
- Sundried tomatoes. I had dried tomatoes so rehydrated them in wine… Naughty but oh my word the flavour
- Bring to the boil reduce and leave to simmer
- Flavour with a squeeze of lime and plenty of salt, pep and more chilli flakes if you’re spice inclined
For the rice:
I love wild rice! It does take a little longer than your everyday basmati but the depth of flavour reached is worth it.
3:1 ratio water/stock:wild rice
- I used 2 cups of water and veg stock
and 1 cup of wine leftover from the sun dried toms
- I initially toasted the rice in a pan with oil, 2 cloves of crushed garlic and a shake of the delicious porcini dust I picked up at the wkd (optional! You can add some chopped mushrooms here too and it’s fab)
- Add stock and wine
Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer cover and leave for about 45 min.
Serve up with your coconut veg mix and enjoy. Makes enough for yummy leftovers for tomorrow woo hoo!
Def give this one a try! Bursting with flavour.