ROSEWATER AND COCONUT PORRIDGE WITH MINT, DATE SYRUP AND ORANGE
The rain this morning had me running for a hearty bowl of porridge, but not any sort of porridge – a middle Eastern inspired bowl of yumminess.
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 cup of coconut milk (I used tinned because I’m being naughty and it’s the wkd, so it’s allowed)
- 1 cup of water
- Handful of mint leaves
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin and chia seeds
- 1 orange
- Splash of rosewater
- Dessicated coconut
- Date syrup or coconut sugar
In a pot add:
- Oats, milk, water, mint leaves and seeds.
- Bring to the boil reduce and leave to simmer stirring constantly
- Then add date syrup (or sugar of choice) and a splash of rosewater mmm….
- I finally grated in half the zest of an orange
- Serve up and top with orange slice, more zest, coconut and seeds.
It may not photograph too well but the rosewater, date and mint are just made for each other. Heavenly.