These protein balls are perfect for snacking mid morning or post-work out. My family have even been having them as a healthy dessert (very cheeky!) because the flavours are sweet and tasty and you can’t taste the protein powder! 🙂 They only take 10 minutes and a few ingredients to make.
Protein balls Recipe:
Ingredients & Method:
- Blend 2 cups of oats into a flour, then divide it between 4 bowls. Add 2 tbsp of protein powder to each bowl, plus:
- Cookie dough: 2 tbsp cashew nut butter + 1 tbsp maple syrup. Mix, shape, then roll in raw cacao nibs.
- Cinnamon almond swirl: 2 tbsp almond butter + 1 tbsp maple syrup + 2 tsp cinnamon. Mix, shape, then roll in more cinnamon + flaked almonds.
- Lemon cashew coconut: 2 tbsp cashew butter + 1 tbsp maple syrup + 1 tbsp lemon zest. Mix, shape, then roll in coconut.
- Raw Reece’s cups: 2 tbsp peanut butter + 1 tbsp maple syrup + 1.5 tbsp raw cacao. Mix, shape, then roll in peanuts.
- If the mixture is too dry add more maple/nut butter. If it’s too sticky to shape add some more oat flour or ground almonds to dry it up a bit.
If you don’t have all the ingredients….
Swap maple for agave/rice syrup/any liquid sweetener to bind the protein balls together
Nut butters are inter-changeable if you don’t have the right one.
Raw cacao can be substituted with cocoa/chocolate protein powder
I like to use unflavoured raw vegan rice protein powder or pea protein. Flavoured also works but go easy on the sweetener.
If you make these protein balls:
Send me a snapchat @sugaryicecream
Tag me on instagram @ohhappyveggie
Or let me know in the comments – I just love seeing people trying out my recipes!!