Pancake Pizza Slice
Looks like pizza. Tastes like one giant sweet pancake! This ‘Pancake Pizza’ is low in fat and sugar, and high in protein and fiber to keep you full for ages. Plus it’s gluten free and vegan so everyone can enjoy it.
Don’t forget to share this recipe on social media. Tag me on instagram : @ohhappyveggie if you take any pictures of your recreations!
Pancake Pizza with PB2, Caramelized banana and raspberries
Pancake Pizza Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup or 60g buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp protein powder mixed with 3 tbsp water, see notes for other egg substitutes
- 1/2 cup plant based milk, I used almond
- oil or cooking spray for frying
- Optional sweetener
- Heat a pan and add your oil or spray
- Meanwhile sieve the dry ingredients, then add the ‘egg’ and milk and mix to combine.
- Pour the whole mix into the pan and spread it around
- Allow it to cook for about 2-3 minutes, until bubbles start to appear and the bottom is firm and easy to move
- Carefully flip and repeat
- Add your desired toppings while its still on the pan to allow them to heat.
- Carefully slide onto a plate and dig in!
- Sauce- maple syrup/agave/rice syrup/chocolate sauce
- Berries- spread fresh/frozen onto the pancake while its still in the pan and they’ll melt into a ‘jam’
- Nuts- chopped/flaked/nut butters
- Seeds- chia/sunflower/flax/linseed/pumpkin
- Dried fruit such as chopped figs/cranberries/raisins
- Yoghurt- soya or coconut- plain or a fruity flavour
- Banana- sliced into coins and place on the pancake while it’s still in the pan, sprinkle with coconut/brown sugar and it will caramelise
- Cacao/cocoa nibs or add a tbsp of cacao/cocoa powder to the batter for a chocolate flavoured pancake
The pancake batter isn’t sweet, so if you like you can add sweetener to the mix. Personally, I prefer to keep it plain and add lots of yummy toppings.
Because of the plain-ness of the pancake, it works as savory ‘pizza’ pancake. Top with things like hummus/pesto/tomato sauce as a base, loads of roasted veggies, your fave herbs/spices and some chickpeas/lentils for extra protein.
For the egg replacer, alternatively use 1 tbsp ground flax/chia mixed with 3 tbsp water left to gel up in the fridge for 15 minutes or 1/2 a small mashed banana or 1/4 cup applesauce or 1/4 cup soya yoghurt.
Minus toppings roughly : 250 cal, 4g fat, 0.7g sat fat, 39g carbs, 1g sugar, 16g protein, 4.7g fibre
Other pancake recipes
- Superfood Pancakes
- Basic Protein Pancakes