VEGAN MUG CAKE
Fancy a chocolate cake in a mug? Of course you do! Read on, this takes less than 5 minutes to whip up meaning you can enjoy it for breakfast before you take on the day. Plus this vegan mug cake is genuinely healthy- gluten, refined sugar and oil free- so you’ll feel pretty good after. 🙂
CHOCOLATE VEGAN MUG CAKE RECIPE
Serves: 1 or 2 as a snack
Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate almond/soy/coconut milk – if you don’t have it use regular milk and double the cacao
Toppings of choice – I used almond butter, the rest of the banana, coconut & strawberries
- Mash the banana, then add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl, mix and combine.
- Divide between two mugs, make sure they are only half full as it rises to double its size and if you put it in a small cup it will overflow
- Microwave each separately on medium power for 60-90 seconds until set. Make sure to watch them in case they overflow.
- Top with whatever you fancy, dig in and enjoy your cake! 🙂