HEALTHY HOMEMADE CRUMBLE
apple and blackberry crumble
Crumble is the perfect autumn dessert! I love making it with apples or plums and blackberries, you can use whatever fruit you have to hand and is in season. My recipe has the perfect ratio of fruit to sweet, chewy topping. This healthy homemade crumble is vegan plus gluten, oil and refined sugar free so you can even eat it for breakfast! It’s amazing with yoghurt, ice cream or whipped cream.
If you try this out and take any pictures make sure you tag me on instagram @ohhappyveggie. It makes my day seeing your lovely recreations!
Healthy Homemade Crumble Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- 3 cooking apples or a punnet of plums
- 1 cup of blackberries
- 2 cups/200g oats (gluten free if necessary)
- 1/2 cup/50g dessicated coconut
- 1/2 cup/120ml liquid sweetener such as date syrup, agave, brown rice syrup or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup/120g cashew nut butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (fan oven).
- If using apples, peel and core them then chop them into bite size pieces. If using plums, remove the stone and chop into bite size pieces. Toss all the fruit together in a large oven proof dish.
- Put the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix until incorporated and a crumbly mixture.
- Pour it evenly over the fruit.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until it gets crispy – keep watching to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Serve with soya yoghurt, dairy free ice-cream, coconut whipped cream or even on its own!