Double decker of tempeh bliss (and anything else I could find in the fridge
Droolworthy double decker tempeh sandwich. Wow this was just heavenly!
For the sambo:
- Tempeh glorious tempeh I don’t eat enough of you. I marinated 2 large slices early this morning in rice syrup, sriracha, garlic powder and balsamic vinegar and left for a few hours. (Ideally overnight)
- Into the oven then at 200c for 25 to 30 min.
- I also popped in a sweet pepper,
- Scallion and cherry tomatoes and drizzled the leftover marinade over these too. Waste not want not.
- Toast 3 slices of bread and gather your condiments of choice. I opted for:
- Homemade mayo and ketchup
- Pickled red cabbage
- Leftover pea and mint purée
- Onion marmalade from the olive factory in Kinsale
- Sesame seeds to sprinkle on top and of course art of zens foods Violife Smoked Slices and mixed leaves.
Get layering, serve up and enjoy.
I savoured every last bite.