Chocolate and Hazelnut Pancakes with Fried Banana
Bananas, they’ve got to be the most versatile fruits. I love to eat them with porridge for breakfast, on bread for lunch and when fried in a little oil, well that’s a whole other thing altogether. Bananas caramelise when fried and they work a treat when served with tasty pancakes. Add some berries for a contrast in flavours and you’ve got quite a heavenly treat.
What you’ll need: (makes 6-8 pancakes)
- 100g porridge oats
- 200ml hazelnut milk
- 2 teaspoons of cocoa
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 1/3 cup of toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 2 bananas
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- coconut oil for frying
- Blitz the porridge oats in a blender to form a flour, remove and set to the side.
- Add one banana, the cocoa and the milk to the blender and blitz.
- Whisk into the flour making sure it is well mixed together and there are no lumps.
- Add some of the chopped nuts and keep the rest to the side for later.
- Heat a non stick pan and add a little coconut oil. Add a ladle of pancake batter to the pan and cook for a couple of minutes on both sides.
- Repeat until all of the batter has been used up and keep warm in the oven.
- Slice the banana diagonally into 1cm slices and add to some melted coconut oil in the pan. The pan should be hot enough for the banana to sizzle.
- Allow the bananas to caramelise and once done remove from the pan and set aside.
- Build up your pancakes with some banana and blueberries in between each layer.
- Top the pancakes off with the rest of the crushed hazelnuts and drizzle over some maple syrup.
Share and enjoy!