CHEESY TOFU SCRAMBLE!
THIS BRUNCH DESERVES A MEDAL!
This brunch has most definitely landed itself a podium position! Yummmmmeeeeee….
Cheesey tofu scramble on a toasted wholemeal bap topped with garlic spinach, creamy thyme mushroom mash and tomatoes along with an epic serving of asparagus wrapped in Moodley Manor bad ass plant based bacon finished off with a delectable boozy vegan hollandaise sauce.
For the kebabs:
- Fry off asparagus in olive oil and lemon
- Grill or fry bacon as per packet instructions
- Wrap a slice around two spears and thread onto a kebab stick
- Mash half a packet of tofu and pop into a heated pan with olive oil and add:
- Garlic and onion powder
- Pinch of turmeric
- Nutritional yeast flakes
- Grated Violifeozzarella from Art of Zen Foods
- Heat until the mozz has melted and is gooey and delicious
For the spinach:
- Sautée a handful of leaves in garlic and olive oil
For the mushrooms:
- Blitz mushrooms to a crumb
- Pop into a heated pan and add:
- Glug of soy cream
- Garlic powder
For the boozy hollandaise:
- 1 cup of almond or soy milk
- 1/2 glass of white wine (optional)
- 3 tbls of brown rice flour
- 2 tbls of soy/olive oil spread
- Pinch of turmeric and garlic powder
- Squeeze of lemon
- Wholegrain mustard. I used my cognac mustard here for an extra pinch.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and keep whisking until creamy.
- Adjust seasoning