BRUNCH FOR TWO
Let’s be honest, breakfast is the most important (tastiest) meal of the day! Break out of your usual cereal routine, invite a friend over, whip up a brunch for two and make the most of your morning. My friend arrived at my apartment wearing a huge smile and carrying a tray of coffee, which went amazing with these pancakes. What a way to start a Friday!
BRUNCH FOR TWO RECIPE
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup almond milk or other plant based milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp flax seeds mixed with 3 tbsp water (flax egg)
- 1 ripe banana
- Mix all wet ingredients then fold into the dry ingredients.
- Cook on low-medium heat, about 2 minutes each side (you know it’s time to flip when bubbles start to form.)
- Keep on an ovenproof plate in a warm oven while you prepare the rest of the spread.
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Warm the berries in the microwave, then mash with a fork. Add the chia seeds and mix in. Set for 15 minutes and the chia seeds will soak up the extra liquid and turn to the texture of jam. 🙂
- Raw chocolate sauce
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Mix all the ingredients together. If you don’t live in a warm country, you can place the dish over a bowl full of boiling hot water until you are ready to serve. This stops the coconut oil from solidifying and the chocolate sauce stays melted.
- Nut butter
- Fruit platter
- Orange juice