Festive sides: Balsamic, rice syrup carrots and borettane onions
I couldn’t decide what way I wanted to serve up the dish hence the two different plating options. Oh indecision you cripple me at times…
- Slice carrots lengthways
- Into an oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle some thyme and a few chopped garlic cloves
- Drizzle olive oil, balsamic vinegar,
- Rice syrup (agave/maple great too)
- Season with salt and pepper
- Into the oven at 175c for 40-45 min.
Serve up with a sprinkle of parsley and some yummy pickled onions sliced. The borettane onions in balsamic from Marks and Spencers are my very favourite at the moment so yes I cheated and didnt make them from scratch but as I mentioned in my last festive recipe. Christmas eating is all about easy, yummy dishes so shortcuts aaaall the way.