BAKED POLENTA CAKE, OVEN ROASTED TOMS, CREAMY MUSHROOMS AND WILD GARLIC PESTO
I had a 5 star mushroom experience with this dish thanks to Ballyhoura. I sautéed them like they were precious jewels, ha ha. Oh the flavours!
Introducing baked polenta cake with oven roasted cherry toms, wild garlic pesto and creamy mushrooms.
For the tomatoes:
- On the vine into the oven splash with olive oil, salt and pep. Roast until blistered, gooey and delicious.
For the pesto:
- Used up the delicious leaves I picked up yesterday
- Into the blender with salt, pep and a few glug glug glugs of olive oil.
- I like to keep garlic pesto simple as it’s so aromatic all by itself.
For the mushrooms:
- Slice and sautée on medium heat
- I add a splash of tinned coconut milk along with a drizzle of the mushroom ketchup and a pinch of salt. Mmm.
For the polenta:
- 2:1 ratio boiling water to polenta and stir like a nut under the grains burst and it becomes smooth and yummy.
Polenta is just the business. It really just takes on the flavour of whatever you add to it.
With all the strong flavours from the pesto and mushrooms I just kept it simple with a little stock and salt and pep here.
You can have it creamy like a porridge or bake in the oven at 180 for about 20 min or so.
Serve up with a giant mug of tea and enjoy!